The Halyard Microcool Surgical Gown is an impervious yet breathable and cool surgical gown made from 3 layers of non-woven material.
Halyard Health Microcool surgical gowns are impervious and provide unrivalled thermal comfort in operating situations. With its patented microporous material, Halyard Health Microcool gowns provide proven protection against bacteria, blood and bodily fluids, while allowing moisture vapour to permeate the 3 layer non-woven material. This is achieved through the use of a strong yet thin layer of breathable film, enclosed between two layers of soft, non-woven material.
Halyard Health Microcool gowns also feature Secure-Fit technology, helping to reduce glove slip-down. Secure-Fit adds a coating to the wrists of each sleeve on the Mircocool surgical gown, helping keep gloves in place and protecting both patient and surgeon. Halyard Microcool Gown meets the AAMI Level 4 Liquid Barrier Standard (i.e., meets ASTM 1671 standard for resistance to bacteriophage penetration within Critical Zones).
Halyard Microcool Surgical Gown Features:
- The gown fabric meets ASTM F1670 for resistance of materials used in protective clothing.
- The gown also meets the European Norms (ENISO 22610) for resistance to wet microbial penetration.
- Meets the ISO standard for ignition resistance (ISO11810-1 Class l1-21 – No ignition).
- Meets ASTM D4966 for abrasion resistance and produces fewer than 20 particles of link at the 10-micron level on the Gelbro lint test.
- Microcool fabric allows moisture vapour to pass through almost instantly, compared to competitive gown materials, as measured by the Moisture Vapour Transfer test.
- Raglan sleeves.
- Adjustable neckline.
- Speciality options for seated procedures.
- Generous cut.
- Available both sterile and non-sterile